Daylight Savings Time is March 8th, 2009 at 2:00 A.M
Did you know that Daylight Savings time starts on March 8th? Please move your Clocks FORWARD 1-Hour at 2:00 a.m. This change will be in effect until November 1st, 2009.
Here are some helpfull tips on how to adjust to the time change:
- Move bed time forward 5-15 minutes a night for several nights leading up to the change so it doesn't have to be all at once.
- This may also be a good time to adjust your child's sleep schedule. If you have a baby that has been waking up too early (like 6 am and you prefer 7 am) you could put them to bed at a later bedtime and they would be on a new schedule.
- Expose your yourself and kids to daylight early on in the day. Experts say this resets your internal clock and helps your body readjust. Open blinds and curtains first thing when we wake up, it helps my transition to daytime.
- Some sleep experts suggest to wake kids up at the regular time in the morning, even if they are still tired. They may be cranky a day or two, but will quickly readjust.
- Most experts also suggest an extra SHORT nap to help you and/or your child adjust. This article on the University of Michigan's Health System site affirms that as well as many of the aforementioned tips.
Many experts agree most should adjust to the time change within a few days, but while adjusting children may be irritable, cranky and hyper because of the loss of sleep and change in schedule.
NOTE: Also, be Sure to change the batteries in all of your devices such as carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, as well as flashlights, clocks, remote controls and other battery operated devices.
Please contact me with any of your Real Estate / Relocation / New Construction and/or Referral needs:
Pam Jank, Realtor, GRI, CRS, ABR, RRS, PPS
Previews Property Specialist
Your North Idaho Real Estate Pro
FREE MLS Listings Search at:
Web: Coeur d'Alene Idaho Homes for Sale
Fax: 208-446-0660 Toll Free: 800-829-2555 EXT.1275
COLDWELL BANKER SCHNEIDMILLER REALTY
1924 Northwest Blvd
Coeur d'Alene, ID 838314