Fall is the time to get the Outside of your home ready for winter.
- Clear debris out of window wells, gutters, downspouts, and storm drains.
- Remove garden hoses from spouts. Drain and store for the winter. Wrap spouts in insulation.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems.
- Check windows, doors, and siding for holes and cracks. Caulk as necessary.
- Check weather stripping on windows and doors for fit and condition. Replace as necessary.
- Inspect all soffit vents and other venting systems to make sure they're clear of debris.
- Check painted surfaces for paint failure, water damage, or mildew. Repair or repaint if necessary.
- Check caulking where two different materials meet, where wood siding joins the foundation wall, at inside corners, and where the window and door trim meets the siding.
- Check for broken or cracked glass and damaged screens or storm windows. Check for loose putty around glass panes. Repair glass if necessary
- Insulate outdoor faucets, pipes in unheated garages, and pipes in crawl spaces with materials such as rags or newspapers.
- Run all gas-powered lawn equipment until the fuel tank is empty. In doing this, you are removing flammable liquid storage from your garage. Make sure you aren't storing dirty, oily rags in a pile. They can ignite!
- Remove bird nests from chimney flues and outdoor electrical fixtures.
FREE MLS Propery Listings Search at: http://www.SellingNorthIdaho.com
Pam Jank, CRS, GRI, ABR, CNE, RRS, Realtor(c)
Your North Idaho Real Estate Pro
www.SellingNorthIdaho.com - Your Free Local MLS Property Search Link
208-661-2282 or Toll Free 800-829-2555 ext. 1275
Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty
1924 Northwest Blvd, Coeur d'Alene ID 83814
Equal Opportunity Housing