NORTH Idaho Real Estate Pro


USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing Program - 102% Financing - No Mortgage Insurance

USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing Program - Home Financing Options

Home Financing Options
Are you ready to own a home but are not sure you will qualify due to lack of a down payment?   
Rural Development may be able to help you!  USDA Rural Development has partnered with local lenders to help them extend 100% financing opportunities to rural individuals and families.

  •  No down payment required 
  • No expensive monthly mortgage insurance means you may qualify for a larger loan.
  • Flexible credit and qualifying guidelines.

The Rural Development guaranteed loan program has assisted thousands of customers just like you.  Tell your mortgage lender you want the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan.
  •  No Down payment is required.
  •  Flexible credit score guidelines.
  • No maximum purchase price limit.
  • Closing costs can come from any source including gifts.
  •  Repairs and improvements can be included in the loan.
  •   Competitive fixed 30-year rates.
  • Apply with a local participating lender of your choice.
  • Occupy the property as your primary residence.
  • Do not own an adequate home.
  • Do not have sufficient cash for a 20% down payment plus pay typical loan closing and relocation expenses.
  • Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. non-citizen national or a "qualified alien". 
  • Provide stable and dependable income for repayment ability.
  • Have a credit history that indicates a willingness to meet obligations as they become due.
  • Have an adjusted household income that is within Rural Development guidelines based on the number of persons who will occupy the home.  
  • Purchase a residential property that is located in a Rural Development eligible area
No mortgage insurance saves you a lot of money.  Mortgage insurance raises your monthly payment, which REDUCES the amount of a home loan you may qualify to purchase.  Guaranteed loans may allow you to qualify for a newer or larger home to meet your needs 
    • Did you know that the typical mortgage insurance premiums for the first 10 years on a $100,000.00 loan could cost you $6,000 or more?  The mortgage insurance can continue beyond the 10 years.  The cost of Rural Development's guarantee is only $2,000.00 on a $100,000.00 loan. 
    • No mortgage insurance allows you to qualify for a larger mortgage amount. 
  • There is little or no cash required for a down payment or closing costs in most cases.
  • Determine if the property is within the Rural Development eligible area. 
    • Use the link "Single Family Housing" under "Property Eligibility". 
  • Determine if your  adjusted household income is within the Agency limits,
    • Use the link "single family housing" under "income eligibility"
  • Rural Development Nationally Approved Lender List - Any lender may participate in the program regardless of Rural Development approval status.  Contact Rural Development for assistance.
Even though you will not be applying directly to Rural Development for the loan, you may want additional information.  Or perhaps you will want to pass along the Rural Development contact information to your realtor or builder, or loan officer.
    • The Rural Development Office Locator website is:  Or you can go to the home page of Rural Development for your state to find a listing of their offices.
    • You can always look them up in the telephone directory blue pages under "United States Department of Agriculture", and then look for "Rural Development" or "Rural Housing Service.
Educate yourself on the Guaranteed Loan Program by reviewing all of the information on this site and the "eligibility" web site.
  • Set up an appointment with the mortgage lender of your choice for your pre-approval determination. The Agency maintains a list of nationally approved underwriting lenders.  Any branch of these lenders can accept your application. 
  • If you have any questions, contact your local Rural Development office.


This program is a government insured home loan program for low-tomoderate income borrowers looking to purchase a home in a rural development area.
Eligile in Non-Metropolitan areas, outside city limits - population of 25,000 or less (Post Falls, Rathdrum,  Hayden norh of Lancaster Rd or West of Atlas Rd, Athol, Worley, Harrison, etc.)
102% Financing - No Monthly Mortgage Insurance
30 year fixed rate loan
One time guarantee fee of 2.0% of loan amount
No reserve requirements
Priary residence ONLY - Must NOT own other real estate
Single family residence or RD eligible condo/PUD, manufactured home must be new and RD approved
Income Limits: 
Coeur d'Alene, ID  RHS LOW INC 1-4 persons = 44100, 5-8 persons = 58200
Coeur d'Alene, ID RHS MOD INC -GUARANTEED LOAN 1-4 persons $73,600,  5-8 persons $97,150    

Please contact me with any of your Real Estate / Relocation / Referral needs:

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho - City by the Lake

Pam Jank, Realtor, GRI, CRS, ABR, RRS, PPS
Previews Property Specialist
Your North Idaho Real Estate Pro
FREE MLS Listings Search at:
Web:  Coeur d'Alene Idaho Homes for Sale
Phone:  208-661-2282
Fax:  208-772-628 Toll Free:  800-829-2555 EXT.1275
435 W. Hanley Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID  838315



Pam Jank, CRS, GRI, ABR, CNE, RRS, Realtor(c)Pam Jank, CRS, GRI, ABR, CNE, RRS, Realtor(c)
Your North Idaho Real Estate Pro - Your Free Local MLS Property Search Link
208-661-2282 or Toll Free 800-829-2555 ext. 1275
Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty
1924 Northwest Blvd, Coeur d'Alene ID 83814


Equal Opportunity HousingEqual Opportunity Housing

 Lake Coeur d'Alene

Comment balloon 3 commentsPam Jank • May 21 2009 08:07AM


Pam, this is great for Kootenai County since we have some great RURAL properties available.  Even NEW Construction!

Posted by Tim Jank (Jank & Associates) over 9 years ago

I am really confused about USDA funding...I have been looking for an either/or situation:

Both my husband and I are disabled. Apparently we qualify for USDA loans, but I want to know what apartments for rent have to do with this funding...I've seen many in western states that have "USDA" qualificational standards for applicants, but I am not sure what we would need to do, and would it be just better to buy a condo than to try to HUD ourselves with another federal agency?  I know this sounds confusing, but no one I have talked to in HUD knows about USDA funded apartments, nor their qualifications, etc.

Also if given the right opportunity, owning can certainly be better than renting...we just don't want long term loans with large interest at the end.  Thanks. Mary

Posted by Mary Miller about 8 years ago

Mary, I don't work with rentals so I am not shure how USDA would work for tenants.  In a nutshell: If you are purchasing a Condominium, Townhouse or Duplex, it must meet USDA requirements.  I.e., percentage of tenants vs. owners, etc.  They don't want the Rental percentage to be greater than the Ownership percentage.  It must be in a Rural area. The land or outbuildings can not carry the majority of the value, etc. 

The first place to start is to get pre-approved by USDA or other Lender.  Your Realtor and Lender, that are experienced in USDA, will walk you through the process and identify exactly which  properties you qualify for. 

Posted by Pam Jank, Your Coeur d'Alene & North Idaho Real Estate Pro (Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty) about 8 years ago